On this trip we cross the Island of Flores from West (Labuan Bajo) to East (Maumere) or vice versa. On our way we will visit touristic hotspots like the Komodo Dragons on Komodo Island, spiderweb ricefields near Ruteng, traditional villages around Bajawa, Riung with its 17 islands and the coloured crater lakes of Kelimutu Volcano.
This trip takes at least four days. I usually do this trip by car with my driver, but it can also be done by motorbike.
If you have more time at your disposal the trip across Flores can be extended as you desire:
- We could visit the amazing underwater world off the shores of Seraya and Kanawa Island invite snorkelers as well as divers.
- The Cunca Lawar National Park impresses its visitors with spectacular rock formations and waterfalls.
- For beautiful, peaceful beaches with fine white sand Coca beach near Ende is the perfect location. Enjoy its loneliness and the perfect conditions for snorkelling and swimming.
- Sikka Village with its impressive Church is always worth a visit. It is here that the Portuguese landed many years ago.
- Wuring Village is a traditional Bugi village with stilt houses. It was built and is now inhabited by fishermen and their families originating from Sulawesi.
- Larantuka, Capital of East Flores Regency with its cathedral and the famous procession during th Holy Week before Easter.
If you are interested in this trip please contact me and I will send you further details.